Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gutted like a fresh trout

My surgery will be on the 18th at LDS Hospital. With all the $$ that I and my insurance company have given IHC the last few years, I think that I will ask that they name a wing or at least an operating room in my honor.
I am feeling great right now. The radiation burns and symptoms are all gone, I have all the energy I could ever have, it is kind of surreal to think that in 8 days I will be flat on my back with a hole in my stomach and my poop flowing into a baggie. Kind of depressing to think about, so I try not to.
I did hear about a gadget called Ostomy Armor that is supposed to let you do anything you want and not have your "appliance" get dislodged. I'll have to check that out, since I still hope to get back into the hills as soon as I can after this is over.
I don't know if the second round of chemo will knock me back more than the first one did-which was not that much. If so, then life won't be too bad except of course, for that baggie. Yuck.
I'm not going to put many details on this out for public consumption, but I will mention that facing death in the short to mid term does do a wonderful job of focusing your mind on just what you would say if you were standing in front of God, and trying to get your ducks lined up in case it comes to that. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Praying hard for you here Lorin!

kodiak73 said...

Thoughts and Prayers from Georgia... I see my wife beat me to it!